The 2012 Mazda3
has officially made its debut at the 2011 New York Auto Show, and it's brought along the first production use of the long-awaited SkyActiv fuel-efficiency tweaks. That means the newest Mazda3 is good for a whopping 40 miles per gallon on the highway thanks to the addition of a new SkyActiv-G four-cylinder engine mated to either a new six-speed automatic or manual transmission.Engine
- Direct-injection 4-cylinder
- 155 horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque
All Mazda3 and MAZDASPEED3 models will continue to be equipped with a high level of standard safety features. An optional feature available for 2012 models is a new Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) system. The BSM system aids drivers in avoiding accidents that often occur in tight-spaced situations, such as brushing up against another vehicle during lane changes and traffic merges.
Also available as an option is an Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling bi-xenon headlamps. AFS provides a wider range of vision during cornering, increasing the driver's gaze point and visible distance, by taking into account both steering angle and vehicle speed to orient the headlamps to an angle.
One of your premier Denver Mazda Dealerships
, Groove Mazda, can walk you through the easy, straight-forward process of buying your new Mazda3.
All Mazda3s, regardless of trim level or engine choice, will continue to feature Mazda's own highly rigid safety body structure, which incorporates:
- Crushable outer zones that absorb impact energy
- Mazda's Triple H construction, which applies H-shaped reinforcements to the floor, side frames and roof to suppress cabin deformation.
- For 2012 models, the B-pillar reinforcement has been extended by more than seven inches and more high tensile steel was added to further increase body rigidity.
Standard advanced safety features include: On Mazda3, safety is simply not an option!
- Six airbags (advanced dual front, front-seat mounted and full-length side curtain) with improved double chamber side airbags
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with a Traction Control System (TCS)
- Front and rear stabilizer bars
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- A "crushable" brake and accelerator pedal assembly and collapsible steering column
- Three-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Front seat-belt pretensioners with force limiters
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
In addition to the newly efficient drivetrain, the 2012 Mazda3 also wears a suitably updated exterior. Buyers can look forward to:
- Redesigned headlights
- Adjusted front fascia with a slightly different grille
- The rears of both the sedan and hatch have received a subtle warming-over.
Fill out the form to your right to find out more about the 2012 Mazda3 from your Denver Mazda
dealer, Groove Mazda.